CHARLOTTE – This Saturday, Novant Health is kicking off the first of three street festivals to mark the progress made in the fight against COVID-19. The three free community events aim to support diverse local businesses, honor healthcare heroes and incentivize unvaccinated individuals to get their shot. The first 1,000 people to provide proof of vaccination will receive a $10 food voucher for use with food vendors on-site. This includes individuals who get vaccinated on-site at the event.
Vaccinations are available at the event for both walk-ins and with pre-registration. Anyone can register to get their vaccine at WelcomeBackFest.com. As a reminder, there is no cost for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Please consider sharing event details with your audience. Click here to download event logo
Saturday, July 24 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Romare Bearden Park; 300 S. Church St., Charlotte, N.C.
NOTE: Media will be required to check-in for credentials. Please see the attached map for the check-in location and recommended parking area. PLEASE RSVP BY RESPONDING TO THIS EMAIL.
MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES / RUN-OF-SHOW
This run-of-show is for PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY. The below schedule is not meant for public distribution.
For a full list of live music, food truck vendors and activations, community members can visit: WelcomeBackFest2021.com/Charlotte
Novant Health executives, elected officials and community leaders will take to the stage to introduce each entertainment act. The schedule is below.
- 11:00 a.m. Saad Ehtisham, president of Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center and the greater Charlotte market, kicks-off Welcome Back Fest
- 11:30 a.m. Fred Whitfield, Hornets Sports & Entertainment President & Vice Chairman
- 1:30 p.m. LaTarza Henry; Chief of Staff, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
- 2:00 p.m. Commissioner George Dunlap, Chairman of the Board, Mecklenburg County Commision
- 3:00 p.m. Jesse Cureton, EVP and chief consumer officer, Novant Health introduces Grammy Award-winning artist, Anthony Hamilton
- WHAT TO KNOW
- The event is free and open to everyone in the community. No registration or tickets are required.
- The first 1,000 people with proof of vaccination are eligible to receive a $10 food voucher for use with food vendors on-site.
- Vaccinations will be available at the event for both walk-ins and with pre-registration. Anyone can register to get their vaccine at WelcomeBackFest.com. As a reminder, there is no cost for the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Novant Health will be following all CDC guidelines. Unvaccinated attendees must wear a mask – even outdoors. For clinical team members providing care in our vaccination and First Aid tent(s), all will mask to ensure safe, quality care of our attendees, team members and volunteers.