Laser dentistry has been around for many years; as a matter of fact – ever since we started practicing over 16 years ago – we have used the laser daily, with great comfort to the patients and minimal post treatment sensitivity. Laser treatment is safe, precise, and – in many cases – can be performed with minimal or no local anesthesia!
Advantages Lasers in Dentistry
- Laser use has been proven to be safe and effective
- Lasers allow for more conservative restorations– with minimal or no local anesthesia
- Laser treatments are more comfortable than treatment with conventional methods
- Lasers greatly promote healing and reduce post treatment sensitivity
Lasers are used in many different procedures, including all of the following:
- Cold sores or Canker sores: if you suffer from painful, uncomfortable cold sores or canker sores, laser treatment provides comfortable, immediate relief by healing over the affected areas and promoting faster healing; in many cases, when treated at the earliest onset of treatment, the laser has prevented cold sore outbreaks or greatly decreased the duration and discomfort.
- Gum disease: lasers have been proven to be highly successful and minimally invasive treatment for gum disease, preventing the need for more aggressive, surgical treatment. The treatment greatly minimizes post treatment sensitivity and discomfort.
- Cavities: small cavities can be treated conservatively with the laser, requiring minimal or no local anesthesia.
- Gummy smile correction / gum contouring: the laser allows precise, conservative removal of overgrown gum tissue, causing great improvement in the cosmetic appearance of a smile; the laser can also even out uneven gum tissue, resulting in a youthful, healthy, and esthetically pleasing appearance.
- Other laser treatments include the removal of oral lesions, frenectomies (tongue tie or lip tie release), and treatment of minor mouth, gum, or lip cuts, ulcerations, or irritation.
If you have any questions about laser dentistry, please call our office at 980.500.3999
Drs. Leon and Olya Banchik