December is upon us and Christmas is a mere three weeks away! Reading a Christmas chapter book together is a great way to get the whole family into the Christmas spirit.
I read aloud to my children at breakfast each morning. Breakfast is the one time that we’re all in one place and the kids are quiet and still (sort of) for a few moments while they eat. Depending on the book, we usually read two or three chapters each morning. It’s a habit that the kids and I all love.
Holiday themed books are some of my family’s favorites to read together. Many of our favorite book series have a Christmas title to enjoy.
If you’re looking for a good holiday read aloud, I’ve made a list of 10 Christmas chapter books elementary age children would enjoy. My kids and I have already read the majority of these titles and the rest are on our reading list for this Christmas. These books would make good Christmas stocking stuffers as well!
10 Christmas chapter books for kids:
- A to Z Mysteries: White House White-out by Ron Roy
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
- Calendar Mysteries: December Dog by Ron Roy
- The Critter Club: Amy’s Very Merry Christmas by Callie Barkley
- Horrible Harry and the Christmas Surprise by Suzy Kline
- Judy Moody & Stink: The Holly Joliday by Megan McDonald
- Junie B. Jones: Jingle Bells, Batman Smells! by Barbara Park
- Magic Tree House: Christmas in Camelot by Mary Pope Osborne
- Nate the Great and the Crunchy Christmas by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
- Rainbow Fairies: Holly the Christmas Fairy by Daisy Meadows