This is the time of year when we gather with family and friends, eat way too much food, drink way too much wine, and watch way too much football for a Thursday afternoon. It’s arguably the best day of the year!
Thanksgiving is a holiday all about being grateful and it is centered around the home. But when was the last time you said: “Happy Thanksgiving” to your house?
Here are ten great ways you can show your home how much you appreciate it this holiday season!
1. Hire a professional to give it a bath. Give Agata and Bogdan Rekas, owners of local company Borkas Cleaning, a call and schedule a pressure washing, carpet cleaning, and more!
2. Spruce it up with landscaping. Consult the professionals first, but there should still be time left to plant evergreens. This is also a great time of year to freshen up your pine straw. Rick Truesdale, owner of T-Dale Garden Center in Mineral Springs is the landscaper I trust.
3. Clean your gutters of leaves, branches, and other debris. Speaking of pine straw, leaves have mostly finished falling. If you have leaves, sticks and other debris on your roof or in your gutters, this is the perfect time to clean them.
4. Professionally service your heating systems. If you haven’t yet, make sure your furnace is clean and functioning properly before we get into the cold days of winter!
5. Pick a room and update it. Rome wasn’t built in a day and your house wasn’t redecorated in a day, either. Pick a room you’ve wanted to organize and knock it out for a sense of gratitude and accomplishment. Contact Jenifer Shaw, owner of Jenuinely Organized, to make any space in your house look better!
6. Refinish old hardwood floors. Depending on whether your foundation is a basement, crawl space, or slab may determine the type of hardwoods you have and whether they can be refinished or if they need to be replaced. Consider alternative flooring surfaces like luxury vinyl plank to give the look of wood with more durability. Talk to the pros at Floor Decor & More right here in Waxhaw!
7. Rearrange—or buy new—furniture. Christmas is the time to give other people gifts. Why not treat yourself—and your house—with a new couch, a new desk, or a new bedroom suite?
8. Consult a designer or stager. If you’ve recently purchased new furniture, hire a pro to help it best fit your room. Stagers can also help you make the best use of the furniture you already own. I recommend hiring Lisa Glass with Details HomeStaging & ReDesign.
9. Hand over the keys to someone new. Thinking about moving? Winter is actually a great time to put your house on the market. There is less competition now than there will be in the spring. Contact Jimmy Grappone with Costello Real Estate & Investments for a property valuation and selling consultation.
10. Visit www.freshome.com for more ideas to update your home! Freshome.com is a great site to get ideas for home improvements. Don’t mind the ads on the main page, just click the tabs on the left side for all the good ideas!
Thinking of buying or selling a home? Simply have a real estate related question, concern, or need? Contact Costello Real Estate & Investments’ Jimmy Grappone at Jimmy@CostelloREI.com or (980) 298-9385.
Want to know more about interest rates or have other mortgage-related questions? Call or text Michael Curtis with Movement Bank at (803) 389-5256 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.