When it comes to selling a home as a professional Realtor®, there is a lot more that goes into helping sellers get top dollar for their property than taking a few pictures, posting it on MLS and other syndicated sites and waiting for the phone to ring.
And there are certainly more than 21 things I do as a seller’s – or buyer’s – agent, because every transaction is different, but these are the services you can count on. The non-negotiables, if you will.
Last week, I shared the first half of 21 Things I Do As A Seller’s Agent, focusing primarily on things that take place prior to your home being listed and when it initially hits the market.
Once a property becomes Active on the market, the focus changes.
Here is the second half of the list, 21 Things I Do As A Seller’s Agent:
- I personally host an Open House the first weekend the home is on the market and coordinate follow up open houses with agents on my team and in my office.
- I communicate with agents who have shown the property as well as 150+ agents in my office using the ShowingTime tool whenever there is news to share about the property.
- I use the MLS Reverse Prospecting tool every week to communicate with agents whose clients have indicated interest in my listing and with clients whose home search matches my listing’s criteria – starting with those who show an interest in the property, agents I know, agents in my firm, and all other agents.
- I actively market your home for sale to my sphere and database of agents and potential buyers. I don’t wait for MLS and buyer’s agents to bring the buyers to the property.
- I present all offers to the sellers in a timely manner upon receipt and review every detail of the offer.
- I negotiate sales price, terms and conditions with buyer agents on the seller’s behalf.
- I utilize a professional transaction coordinator to ensure smooth and proper execution of all administrative tasks from the time the property is under contract until it closes.
- I actively communicate with the buyer’s agent, inspector and appraiser; I present all repair requests and potential appraisal disputes arising during the due diligence period to my clients; and I provide guidance on options to respond, present my client’s response and negotiate on their behalf.
- I carefully review lender and attorney prepared closing documents to ensure accuracy prior to closing.
- I attend the closing with the seller to again ensure accuracy of closing documents.
- I send closing documents to my clients at the end of the year to ensure they have all documentation relating to the sale and purchase of real estate needed for tax purposes.
- BONUS: I remain my clients’ go-to resource for all things related to their property beyond the sale.
Thinking of buying or selling a home? Simply have a real estate related question, concern, or need? Contact Costello Real Estate & Investments’ Jimmy Grappone at Jimmy@CostelloREI.com or (980) 298-9385.
Want to know more about interest rates or have other mortgage-related questions? Call or text Michael Curtis with Movement Bank at (803) 389-5256 or email him at email@example.com.