3 Of 6 Warning Signs Of Damaged Or Outdated Electrical Wiring In Your Home- Part 1

Dimming or flickering lights can be a sign of wiring damage or overloaded circuits.

Share this:

CHARLOTTE – You likely don’t think too much about your home’s internal wiring but being out of sight and out of mind isn’t a good thing. If your wiring is old, damaged or not installed correctly in a new build, it may lead to an electrical malfunction. These malfunctions are the second leading cause of home fires in the U.S.

The good news: there are indicators that your wiring system may be damaged or outdated.

Here are 3 of 6 warning signs of wiring issues that you need to take seriously.
Come back next week for the other 3!

1. Frequent Circuit Breaker Trips
A circuit breaker is designed to trip from time to time. That said, frequent tripping – several times a month or more – can be a red flag. This can be an indicator of a problem in your wiring, or it may be a sign that you need to upgrade your electrical panel.

2. Flickering and Dimming Lights
If your lights start flickering when you turn on your microwave or other appliances on a regular day, something is likely overloading your circuits. Your wiring may be able to handle the increased energy demands in your home.

3. Warm Outlets or Switches
Properly functioning outlets and switches should be cool to the touch. If an outlet feels warm or seems to vibrate a bit, the most likely culprit is damaged wiring. Warm outlets are unsafe, as plugging anything into them can lead to a fire.

If you have electrical concerns call GB Electrical Services at (980) 500-2378 or visit www.GetTheBestElectric.com.

Share this: