Since ringing in 2021, we’ve been busy championing business growth and prosperity amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has presented some unique challenges both for the community we serve and the businesses within it. Our commitment to our mission remains the same and we continue to work daily to create a thriving business community across Union County.
- When round 2 of PPP opened and new guidelines were implemented we made sure our members had the information they needed. President Pat Kahle spoke with Levi Kinard, Economic Development Specialist and Walter Lara-Figuero Lender Relationship Specialist from the Small Business Administration. They discussed the added eligible entities and use of the funds, along with what you need to do to prepare and apply efficiently. You can view the video at https://youtu.be/w8_RrYQtous.
- We connected business owners in the restaurant and hospitality industries with Congressman Dan Bishop in a round-table discussion. Business owners shared their challenges and experience with PPP loans, as well as the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Our Circle Program Investors had the opportunity to meet with representatives from the NC General Assembly for updates on pending legislation impacting our business community.
- We hosted a panel discussion about transportation needs in Union County featuring representatives from Union County and NC Department of Transportation.
- Our Marshville Information Center is now open inside the First Citizens Bank in Marshville. This gives members more visibility and allows the community another access point for information.
- We are celebrating significant milestone anniversaries with our members. We’re grateful to partner with our members as we champion business growth and prosperity.
Do you want to be a part of the greater story of championing business growth and prosperity in Union County? Call or email us to learn more!
www.unioncountycoc.com • email@example.com • (704)289-4567