WAXHAW, NC – On Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2023, the Waxhaw Board of Commissioners conducted a regularly scheduled business meeting.
The regular meeting began with the following recognitions:
- Assistant Town Manager/Engineering Director Matt Hubert presented a 10-Year Service Award to Chris Rice, Sedimentation & Erosion Control Inspector.
- Police Chief Gregg R. Collins introduced and spotlighted Officer Weinstein.
- Town Manager Jeff Wells recognized Melody Shuler as the Assistant to the Town Manager.
- Finance Director Rosie Dodd introduced the newest members of the Finance Team Dena Adams and Cherisse Turk as Staff Accountants.
The Board of Commissioners approved the following projects:
- Approved the decision of Text Amendment Petition TA-014425-2022 Accessory Structures Update.
- Approved the decision of Text Amendment Petition TA-014227-2022 Modify Buffering Requirements.
- Approved the decision of Text Amendment Petition TA-014121-2022 Short-Term Rental Requirements Update.
- Awarded the contract to Nassiri Development in the amount of $1,271,480.70 and authorized the Town Manager to execute the contract for the TAP Project.
- Approved Budget Amendment BA23-001 in the amount of $743,000.00 to add funds to the TAP Project.
- Initiated Voluntary Annexation Petition 18-230 for the Watts and Thornridge Investment Property.
- Approved the Preliminary Subdivision Plat: SUB-014185-2022 for Rogers Pond.
- Authorized the Town Manager and the Town Attorney to investigate what remedies the Town has available concerning the Town’s financial reporting requirements in regards to the Waxhaw Police Foundation.
Town Manager Jeff Wells provided an update on the Decorative Rail Project on North Main Street and reminded the Board of the Annual Retreat scheduled for Jan. 26 and Jan. 27.