On Tuesday, May 9, 2023, the Board of Commissioners conducted a regularly scheduled business meeting.
The regular meeting began with recognition of Lieutenant Dex Wilson’s promotion to Assistant Chief of Police. Assistant Chief (A.C.) Wilson was honored with a pinning ceremony performed by his wife Mrs. Brandy Wilson.
The Board of Commissioners conducted three (3) public hearings on the following:
- Initial Zoning petition RZ-014688-2023 for the Walter Peter Pfister property located on Waxhaw-Marvin Road.
- Text Amendment TA-002-2023 for Food Pantry/Food Bank.
- Notice of Intent to enter into a Seller Financing Agreement to acquire property located at 5412 and 5414 Waxhaw-Marvin Road.
The Board of Commissioners approved the following:
- Regular meeting minutes from April 25, 2023.
- Adoption of Ordinance (ORD2023012) to designate portions of N. Providence and E. North Main Streets as One-Way Streets.
- Approve of Updated Memorandum of Understanding with the Downtown Waxhaw Association, Inc. Board.
- Annexation Petition 18-232 – Walter P. Pfister property located on Waxhaw-Marvin Road.
- Approved the contract to purchase property located at 5412 and 5414 Waxhaw-Marvin Road and authorized the Town Manager and Town Attorney to execute all documents to purchase the property.
- Approved the Budget Amendment BA-005 to purchase the property located at 5412 and 5414 Waxhaw-Marvin Road.
Town Manager Wells reminded the Board that the rescheduled date for Shred Day is Saturday, June 24, from 9 a.m. until noon in the Police Department Parking Lot. He also provided an update on the Town Campus project.
The recorded meeting can be viewed on the Town of Waxhaw’s YouTube page.