WAXHAW, NC – On Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2023, the Waxhaw Board of Commissioners conducted a regularly scheduled business meeting.
The regular meeting began with the following recognitions:
- Police Chief Gregg R. Collins introduced and spotlighted Officer Donnie Rogers.
- Town Manager Jeff Wells recognized Barbie Blackwell as the new Town Clerk. Mayor Ronald P. Pappas administered the Oath of Office to Ms. Blackwell.
The Board of Commissioners conducted three public hearings for Text Amendments TA-014425-225 for Accessory Structures, TA-14227-2022 for Modify Buffering Requirements, and TA-014121-2022 for Short Term Rental Requirements Update.
The Board of Commissioners approved the following projects:
- Voluntary Annexation Petition 18-229 for Yarbrough Village.
- The Rezoning Petition RZ-014473-2022 for Yarbrough Village.
- Awarded the Construction Contract for the Downtown Park – Phase II to J. D. Goodrum in the amount of $2,649,939.68.
- Approved Resolution of Intent (#RES2023002) to Award Bid to Nassiri Development as the lowest bidder for the TAP Grant Project in the amount of $1,271,480.70.
- The Right-of-Way Abandonment for a portion of Mill Street and McDonald Avenue.
- Approved Proclamation (#PRO2023001) designating 2023 the “North Carolina Year of the Trail”.
Town Manager Jeff Wells provided an update on the Town Campus Project and reminded the Board of the Annual Retreat scheduled for Jan. 26 and Jan. 27.