WAXHAW, NC – On Tuesday, March 14, 2023, the Waxhaw Board of Commissioners conducted a regularly scheduled business meeting.
The regular meeting began with the recognition from Chief Gregg Collins, who introduced and spotlighted Officer Jacob McCray.
The Board of Commissioners approved the following:
- BOC Meeting Minutes from Jan. 10 and 24.
- Ordinances #ORD2023006 and #ORD2023007 Declaring NCDOT to Temporarily Close Roads for Town Parades and Events.
- Town’s Participation in the 2024 Urban Archery Season.
- Tax Refund Request.
- Renaissance Mill Rezoning Petition RZ-014628-2023.
- Voluntary Annexation Petition 18-230 for Watts & Thornridge Investment Property.
- Watts & Thornridge Initial Zoning Petition RZ-014640-2023.
- Prescot Village Rezoning Petition RZ-014639-2023.
Town Manager Jeff Wells provided an update on the TAP Project. He reminded the Board of Shred Day scheduled on April 1 from 9 a.m. until noon. Two trucks will be on site. He also reminded the Board of the Town’s Emergency Operation Plan that addresses any/all emergencies. Town Staff conducts Emergency Preparedness training on a regular basis to ensure that staff is current on emergency procedures.