On Tuesday, May 23, 2023, the Board of Commissioners conducted a regularly scheduled business meeting.
The regular meeting began with the following introductions:
- Public Services Director Todd Matthews introduced Grason Wilson and Brandon Helms as Waxhaw’s newest employees.
- Police Chief Gregg R. Collins introduced and spotlighted Detective Alex Ng.
The Board of Commissioners conducted a public hearing for the Fiscal Year 2023-24 Budget.
The Board of Commissioners approved the following
- The Initial Zoning Petition RZ-014688-2023 for Walter P. Pfister Property located on Waxhaw-Marvin Road.
- The Text Amendment TA-002-2023 Food Pantry/Food Bank.
- A Weather Safety Policy for events.
- The Budget Amendment Ordinance (ORD2023015) to accept the Downtown Park Art Donation.
- Resolution (RES2023015) dissolving the Public Art Selection Jury.
- Resolution (RES2023016) creating the Public Art Committee.
Mayor Pappas read into the record a resolution adopted by the Union County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors regarding the wastewater capacity crisis in Union County.
Town Manager Wells reminded the Board that the rescheduled date for Shred Day was Saturday, June 24, from 9 a.m. until noon in the Police Department Parking Lot. He provided updates on Legislative projects and the Town Campus. He also reminded the Board of the Memorial Day Ceremony scheduled for Monday, May 29, at 10 a.m. in the Community Corner. If bad weather is expected, the ceremony will be moved to Kensington Elementary School.
To view the full meeting, please visit the Town of Waxhaw’s YouTube Channel.